Eligibility Requirements for American Legion Membership
If you are currently on active duty, serving the United States honorably, anywhere in the world, or have served honorably during any of the following
eligible war eras, we invite you to become a member of The American Legion. National Guard and Reservists having been Federally activated (including
basic training) during these same war eras also meet the eligibility requirements.
•Aug. 2, 1990 to today (Gulf War / War On Terrorism)
•Dec. 20, 1989 to Jan. 31, 1990 (Panama)
•Aug. 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon / Grenada)
•Feb. 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
•June 25, 1950 to Jan. 31, 1955 (Korean War)
•Dec. 7, 1941 to Dec. 31, 1946 (World War II)
•April 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918 (World War I)
New Membership Requirements
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Completed American Legion Membership application.
2. Copy of DD-214 or Discharge.
3. Membership Dues Payment. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to American Legion Post 133.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be issued and you will be sworn in at the next Post meeting.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
1. Completed Member Data Form.
2. Copy of DD-214 OR discharge
3. Copy of Membership card
4. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid.
American Legion Post 133
If you are transferring from another post
obtain a Membership data change form
from the Post Membership Chairman and
fill out and sign.
Contact Post Adjutant with any Membership Questions.