Eligibility Requirements for American Legion Membership
The LEGION ACT offers American Legion membership eligibility to any U.S. Military veteran who has served
at least one day of active duty since December 7, 1941 (this includes basic training) and is still on duty or has
been honorably discharged.
New Membership Requirements
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Completed American Legion Membership application.
2. Copy of DD-214 or Discharge.
3. Membership Dues Payment. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to American Legion Post 133.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be issued and you will be sworn in at the next Post meeting.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
1. Completed Member Data Form.
2. Copy of DD-214 OR discharge
3. Copy of Membership card
4. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid.
American Legion Post 133
If you are transferring from another post
obtain a Membership data change form
from the Post Membership Chairman and
fill out and sign.
Contact Post Adjutant with any Membership Questions.
Andrew S. Hage